Monday, March 3, 2014

The Citadel by Lolly's is on ebay!

I was super excited to see The Citadel by Lolly's on ebay, but the lead image is the original that I believe is still on the shelves at Lolly's Shop in Elgin, Illinois. I hope to make a trip to Lolly's Shop to find out when I'm in town for Chicago International (who else is going, wanna meet up?). The Citadel for sale on ebay is the pre-built shell. And is listed with a starting bid of $1,500!?!? The last one I saw on ebay was used and didn't sell at $750 but accepted a $400 offer, pick up only. This one includes shipping.

Here are the details from the ebay listing:
"The Citadel by Lolly's -- pre-built shell -- measures approx. 20 1/2" D, 30 1/2" W, and 34 1/2" H. Instructions are included giving directions for completion as well as the "Deed" filled out by Lolly's certifying this is not a spin off. If you google Lolly's Citadel you will be able to see completed as well as semi-completed houses. I am not aware if they are still being made - if so in very limited numbers. I bought it a couple of years ago with intentions on completing it but due to health reasons it is still in the as new condition that I received it in."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-CITADEL-by-LOLLYS-/271415869578

3/8/14 update: it didn't sell, but is re-listed at $1,499. http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-CITADEL-by-LOLLYS-/271419970430?

6 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous house, I love the finished look with the wooden exterior. But $1500 for a shell, wow, that's a bit steep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew houses like this existed it's stunning thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful house but verry pricey condidering it used( you cant really put your one stamp on it) and of course there's allways my luck not shipping outside the us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received the Citadel for XMas as a child. To this day I don't know how my parents did it. I was a dollhouse feind and had drooled over this house at the local miniature shop. It stood in stark contrast to the Victorian dollhouse I had at home. It saw much love throughout my childhood. Regretfully, it was given to a family member after I left home and fell into disrepair. What I would give for it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, you are in luck. There is a Citadel listed for sale on the flyer of Coopers Dollhouse in Benecia. They are having a sale this weekend. Their contact information is 707-745-9411 or coopers.dollhousestudio@yahoo.com. The house will not be at the sale but Coopers will put you in contact with the seller. Hope this reaches you.

      Delete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.