Friday, October 21, 2011

Ultimate Guest Room Getaway

I've been slow on blogging as most of my spare time for 4 months was trying to find a new place to live in a better school district. I imagined an extra bedroom for my minis, but living in the Bay Area, that won't happen for a few more years. So this is the only guest room we'll have for awhile.

A lot of PRD and minimodernistas, but another of my favorites is the Paul MacAlister "desk lamp". It's actually 1/2" scale, but looks perfect in 1:12 on a desk. I blogged about the 1/2" scale pieces from Paul MacAlister's estate on ebay here and here. I won a couple of sets on ebay. The seller was kind enough to send me a few extra pieces that were in need of repair, including the lamp. Thank you Robert! I will post more on those as soon as I get my miniatures unpacked.

I made a few things in the room. The circle art is copper gift tag pieces from a kit at my local craft store. The faux bamboo in the corner is a straw placemat cut up and placed in a copper plumbing piece from hardware store. The tall lamp is also pieces from hardware store with a ReMent waste basket inverted for the shade.

Pillow Talk.
In my collection of miniatures, I probably have more pillows and chairs than can ever fit in all my houses (not complaining, but I could have a showroom). I love being able to test out different pillows and see what works best for each room. These are all minimodernistas pillows, I can't get enough. I like the mix of patterns that add a punch of color, but the more solid pillows match the floor texture perfectly. I love them all.

Deets: minimodernistas: horizon night table, V-leg day bed sofa, pillows and smaller pillows on bed. PRD miniatures: M.U.T.T. custom platform bed, linens, large pillows and bolster, throw, M.U.T.T. floor mirror, M.U.T.T. bench, M.U.T.T. coffee table, painting and custom carpet flooring. Paul MacAlister 1/2" scale lamp. Wood turnings are Gilbert Mena and William Maranville. X10NY magazines. Shelf with drawers is an ebay find. Accessories are Kaleidoscope, ReMent, beads, and dollhouse show finds.

11 comments:

  1. un dormitorio fantatico. el sofa perfecto.
    besujis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guests can rest just looking at this room. It is wonderful. CM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color sceem(?) is great and it looks so real!
    congrats!
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful brush of autumnal colour. I love all the texture too...the fabrics, beads, furniture. Beautiful =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 1:24 lamp is AWESOME. Love it! Was there much repair you had to do? Also, do you know if he ever sold the room boxes? I don't think I ever saw them come up on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous guest room. I love the clean lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virginia Isabel - muchas gracias!


    My Realitty - Thanks, I could totally vacation in it.


    Eliana - Thank you. Cool blog!


    Neomi - Glad you like it. It was a fun room to put together.


    Hey Pepper - I love the fall colors in miniature (looking around my house is definitely spring greens). The textiles are always fun to play with. :) Thanks!


    callsmall - The lamp actually didn't need repairs, I dug through some boxes last night and remembered the lamp and a few tables were in tact, there was a bench that needed a leg re-glued and some tiny end tables that needed a tad of glue. Most pieces were odds and ends he sent me. I don't recall seeing the room boxes, I actually had forgotten. I'll email him and see. I have to look into an email from a reader about seeing two of the room boxes at an antiques shop. Work, moving and unpacking have kept me so busy, I forgot all about them.


    Carmen gracias!


    Hi Dale Thanks, I was aiming for clean lines, glad it worked.

    :D
    mini smiles,
    megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful pieces! And a great setup. And "ha ha", I'm glad that seller was friendly to you. Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Modern MC - thanks! It was the other seller; Robert had all of the 1:24 scale stuff, listed after the other 1:12 items went up. Glad you like the room, I just need doors and it will be all set. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.