Friday, October 21, 2011

Reading Rooms

I still haven't unpacked my miniatures since we moved, so I have to reminisce with older photos. About 5 months ago Modern MC organized another Bay Area mini meet up (My Realitty blogged about it here). I added some of the goodies from the meet up to these rooms I was working on.

I adore my ZigZag shelving unit from PRD Miniatures. Paris also made this magazine rack I totally heart, based on a CB2 design. The other uno couch is in the entertainment room upstairs. I intend for this to be the library/office, but need books for the shelves, just haven't found the time to make some yet. I love how the white shelves pop against the Tiffany blue and dark brown wood.

Library deets:
PRD Miniatures: zigzag shelving unit, magazine rack, glass bottles, carpet tiles, uno couch (not online yet, but were sold at Good Sam Show), graffiti pillow and bolster, and custom built wood floor. minimodernistas: white tray coffee table and white pedestal box. X10NY magazines. Wood turnings by William Maranville. AG Minis lamp. SF MoMA art magnet. Accessories are Rement and dollhouse show finds.

Modern MC brought us the white and black boxes from Tap Plastics, and the grid room divider is also from Tap Plastics. My Realitty brought some cool wood and fabric samples. I mounted a make-up mirror onto one of the wood samples (Modern MC used four to make this cool wall mounted TV). I'm working with Paris to design the bathroom for this house, so this room has been a dumping ground for other minis. The room divider from Modern MC inspired me to dig through what I had to piece this room together.

Bathroom deets:
PRD Miniatures: white Klein chair, hatbox toilet and custom slate floor. Tap Plastics: black boxes and room divider, gifts from Modern MC. Vanity, shelf and bench, set from ebay, art from ebay. Make-up mirror mounted on wood sample from My Realitty. Bathtub from DHE. Accessories from AG Minis, Rement and Bratz. Rug scrap book paper.

(Photos and details on 2011 Good Sam Show will be up this weekend. More to come...)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh! I love the PDR zigzag shelf in white!!! Mine just survived the Berkeley earthquake intact! They are well made!CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with all PRD miniatures they are incredibly well made. I love your dark wood one! Glad you survived the quake in more or less one piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm diggin' on that wall-mounted magazine rack. It's awesome. Definitely want to curl up on that sofa and read...And we need another meet up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Modern MC
    Paris out did himself again. Yes!! I'll email Doris. Maybe near Rockridge Bart, for a half way point?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.