Thursday, August 12, 2010

Antrim Update

Here is a photo of the rooms with my original flooring ideas on the left. On the right, I took photos of the samples Paris sent me and stretched and chopped them in photoshop to help me decide on flooring options.

I have to learn how to take better photos, as these shots really don't do the samples justice. But in the last shot, I put the PRD Miniatures Maple flooring sample on top of the pine wood sheet flooring you can get from any dollhouse shop, and it's not hard to tell which looks more true to life. I am loving all of the flooring options Paris sent.

The bathroom will be this gorgeous wide cut slate Paris made. For the guest bedroom I picked the medium brown carpet everyone loved. The office and entire main floor will be the walnut (middle picture) but it will have a darker stain on it look more like the ebony (right picture). The ebony is expensive wood, so Paris suggested staining the more affordable walnut to get a similar look for less.


In terms of layout (Rebecca and Callsmall called it), Paris came up with a great solution to make it work. The kitchen will be on the far left, but Paris created this tile entry way so you're not walking right into the kitchen. The raised slate matches the bathroom tile and this really cool partition has a removable frosted panel so I can easily swap it out if I want a different look. The dining table will be parallel to and under the long window. Then Paris has some great ideas to expand the fireplace to make it more of a focal point. And, I hadn't even thought of it, but he suggested adding a half bath on the main floor. (I mean, have you ever been to a party where you had to go up a flight of stairs to use the loo?) With Paris's design background, he really thinks of how to make this a house you want to live in, not just a dolls house to play in.


I am loving the custom windows Paris designed for me. He made them a perfect fit, so they are pressure fit with no glue required. My house is slightly crooked so I had to sand a little off one of the walls, but they fit like a glove. For both of the balconies, Paris used the same slate tile in the entry way and bathroom to tie it all together. I love it!

Paris is working on the floors now, and I can't wait to see the finished pieces. More to come...

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Paris sounds just like me
    "With Paris's design background, he really thinks of how to make this a house you want to live in, not just a dolls house to play in."
    I find myself considering drainage and ventilation outlets for the kitchen and safety on the stairs, to stop the kids falling off the edge and security features?
    I have to keep reminding myself it's a dolls house not a real one!
    Looking good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those floors are nice. This house will be so perfect, like a luxury hotel. Maybe the Paris Hilton? ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esta casa tiene ya mucho adelantado y todo precioso. Me encanta el aire tan elegante y actual que se va viendo. Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esta casa tiene ya mucho adelantado y todo precioso. Me encanta el aire tan elegante y actual que se va viendo. Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin good! You are really making progess. What is the next step? C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookin good! You are really making progess. What is the next step? C

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are making and decorating real houses. I wish we could stop calling these items 'dolls houses'.
    They are agonized over like bigger houses and maybe a practice run for our new home. Remember, which ever room one enters from the front door afects our outlook or inlook. For instance coming into the kitchen first will make us eat more or starve.Seeing the bathroom will make us neurotically hand washers or the exact opposite. etc.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.